Thursday, March 29, 2012

What's Goin' On

Let's take it back...  When Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, and Ja Rule and J Lo hung out on MTV.  What am I talking about?  Remember this??

Wait a second.  When did Christina look like that??  Also...  I miss Eve.  This was one of my favorite little collabos.  Awww... Eve said, "Evie gonna' be lastin'".  No honey... no you didn't.  Side note: I would TOTALLY be psyched if Gwen and Eve crashed my party.  JUST SAYING.  Gwen is totally working the g-string line above the pants look.  So glad we're all a bit more mature now.

Okay,  I'm done.  I just got crazy caught up in some early 2000 nostalgia.  Have fun?  YouTube is an amazing thing.





Last weekend Cori and I went to Locally Grown Gardens here in SoBro Broad Ripple (Stop trying to make SoBro happen.  It's not going to happen.)  *sigh*  I love Mean Girls.

LGG is a year round farmers market that carries one of a kind beverages, in-season only produce, and the most amazing pies ever crafted from scratch.  I've not had the pleasure yet, but I hear the sugar cream pie is worth its weight in anything you hold dear.  Cori and I picked up 32 oz of madagascar vanilla, amazing horseradish mustard, and cinnamon rolls to beat the band (did I just say that?).  Not only did Ron heat them up for us (they're sold in sets of 4 in silver pie plates, and we were prepared to just lay into them cold and with our hands), but he brought us plates, vintage forks (score!), and set us up at the two cutest chairs with table next to the Monon.  I'm in heaven.

Also, strawberry season is upon us, which means they'll be bursting with, you guessed it, strawberry pie, shortcakes, and ice cream.  STOP ME BEFORE I EXPLODE.


We also stopped for brunch at one of my favorite joints downtown - Hoaglin.  I'm not sure (but I'm totally sure) that the couple in the background just became official.  They were fawning all over each other and blushing the whole time they were there.  It was so cute.

Hoaglin has these amazing, gruyere-laden pommes anna potatoes (that's potatoes au gratin, if you need a visual).  Get them.  Get the omelet too.  Oh, and get their coffee.  Seriously?  Just go.

Lastly, we stumbled into Reclamation.  Not only did I find bundles of mismatched vintage cutlery for $5, but I found a local artist who STAMPS said cutlery.  I don't think I need to spell this out (if you know me at all, I totally will anyway), but Cori and I found our wedding forks.  They had Mr. and Mrs., but that obviously wouldn't have worked.  These are the perfect pieces for our reception, and we don't even have the cake yet.  Swooooooon.

By the way, all this weddingness makes me want to watch:

1. Steel Magnolias  ("I do not see plays because I can nap at home for free!")
2. Father of the Bride (In my memory from my childhood, Steve Martin and my father were the same person.  That also goes for Kevin Klein and Dan Aykroyd.  All of those guys were and are a part of my dad's personality.)  Side note: Someone is gorgeous.
3.  The Wedding Planner ("Are you aware that Fran has chosen teal for her bridesmaids? Teal, the color of gangrene. ... Oh, oh, and I Honestly Love You as your wedding song? You might as well commit matrimonial suicide right now!")


Time for me to get off my butt and make something of this day off.  More to come on the baking front with that new vanilla...





No comments:

Post a Comment