Monday, March 2, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow


Many things can bring a family together. A marriage... a birth... a holiday. This past Saturday, a death brought my family together. My grandmother's time on this earth had helped bring together the most beautiful and exciting people I know, and she is leaving us to do the same. I won't forget her unwavering strength, or the love she gave unconditionally to her family. She has set an example for me, the only grand daughter, of focus, determination, compassion and zeal. I love my Oma very much, and hope she is with Opa again at last.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, Kasey. Oma appreciated the creative side of you, and she took great joy from it. So did Opa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey...you have a way of remembering the best in people and therby showing the world one of your great strengths...your capacity for unconditional love. Your Oma was always proud
    of the little girl you were and the young woman you have become. We all are.
    Loving you...Mom

    ReplyDelete